Plasma Medicine Award (PMA)
The Plasma Medicine Award (PMA) is the highest recognition awarded by the International Society for Plasma Medicine (ISPM) for lifetime achievements in the field of the Plasma Medicine. Normally, the PMA is awarded by the ISPM Board typically to one individual every two years during the International Conference on Plasma Medicine. However, it is at the discretion of the ISPM Board to award the PMA to multiple individuals or to no individual.
The following procedure will be used to implement this rule:
- The ISPM president will request nominations for candidates for the PMA no later than three months before the ISPM Board meeting at the International Conference on Plasma Medicine (ICPM).
- Nominations will be requested from the entire membership of the ISPM. Nominations need to contain a nomination letter, describing the lifetime achievements of the candidate and a complete curriculum vitae.
Award: Plasma Medicine Awards (PMA)
Purpose: To recognize lifetime achievements in the field of the Plasma Medicine.
Nomination: By ISPM members (nominations by at least 2 ISPM members are required for each candidate). No self-nomination is accepted.
Announcement: During the ICPM-9 closing ceremony
Previous Plasma Medicine Award recipients
- 2010 awardees
- Alexander Fridman (Drexel University / USA)
- Mounir Laroussi (Old Dominion University / USA)
- Michael G. Kong (Old Dominion University / USA)
- 2012 awardees
- Georg Isbary (Hospital Munich Schwabing / Germany)
- Gary Friedman (Drexel University / USA)
- 2014 awardees
- Klaus Dieter Weltmann (INP Greifswald / Germany)
- 2016 awardees
- Jean-Michel Pouvesle (University of Orléans / France)
- Eun Ha Choi (Kwangwoon University / South Korea)
- 2018 awardees
- Masaru Hori (Nagoya University / Japan)
- Hans-Robert Metelmann (University of Greifswald / Germany)
- 2021 awardees
- Thomas von Woedtke (INP Greifswald / Germany)
- Michael Keidar (George Washington University / USA)
International Conference on Plasma MedicineRegistration website for International Conference on Plasma Medicine
International Conference on Plasma Medicinereservations@tue.nl
International Conference on Plasma Medicinereservations@tue.nlhttps://www.icpm9.eu
International Conference on Plasma MedicineInternational Conference on Plasma Medicine0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00ZTo be announcedTo be announced